Position Control of DC motor in FX-2N series PLC

Afshan

Hi,

I am trying to do position control of dc motor. I am using FX-2N series PLC and using PID instruction to achieve the desired control.
Me using high speed counter to measure the encoder pulses. But failed to achieve it.
Can any body help me, regarding PID instruction to achieve the position control of the motor.

Regards,
Afshan

PID controller is sufficient to achieve a positon controller , indeed you need a DC drive besides the PLC as you can't feed the excitation voltage to the field winding to the motor via PLC and the armature voltage also ,but the question is , what type of set point will you use , from encoder or from what?
and inside the DC drive you can perform speed controller optimisation and torque controller and current controller optimisation also
with DC motor i prefer a PI controller