posting a snapshot of a program

fishenguy

How would I post a snapshot of an AB RS500 program here? I mean while I'm on-line to the project. Not that I'm having a problem right now, but when the time comes that I need help and want to show what's happening at a given time...how do I do that?
Thanks, Dave

There are various "screen grab" programs available, but I just use the Windows screen capture method.

To capture the entire screen image, press the "Prt Scr" Print Screen button.

To capture the image of a single window, hold down the "Alt" key and press the "Prt Scr" button.

This will place the screen capture image into your copy & paste buffer. Open a program, such as Paint, and paste the image. You may then edit the image as desired.

Some mobile PCs that don't have the Print Screen button might use other keyboard combinations, such as Fn+Ins, to take a screen capture. Check the information that came with your computer or the manufacturer's website for more information if your keyboard has no Prt Scr button.

Thanks BB07, I have it saved and I can copy it but how do I get in this post? It's not giving me a paste option. FYI, I'm using Word.
Dave

Last edited:
When beginning your post look below the text window for 'Additional Options' one of which is 'Attach Files'. Note the various extensions allowed. If your file is not one of those then zip it. Pressing 'Attach Files' opens a window where you may browse your own computer, locate the file and upload it to your post. Once the upload is done, close that window then press 'Submit Reply' when your post is completed.

You can download and install this free software if you want to -> MWSnap

The download file is only 643Kb and the software is really handy.It helps you to take a snap of any part of your screen very fast and hence reduces the hassle of copying, pasting and cropping.

🍻

How would I post a snapshot of an AB RS500 program here? I mean while I'm on-line to the project. Not that I'm having a problem right now, but when the time comes that I need help and want to show what's happening at a given time...how do I do that?
Thanks, Dave

If you have Windows 7 (and I think Vista) you can use the built-in "Snipping Tool"

Thanks JHarbin.
Didn't know that was available.
Added a shortcut on the Desktop, and pinned to Taskbar.(y)

Capture.PNG