power factor in hmi

rj061991

Hi! do you have an idea how to range powerfactor from 0 to 1 and goes back to 0 in a hmi.. it easy to range like 0 to 100 and display to hmi..but i found difficulties in power factor..from 0 which is capactve to 1 which is unity.. and goes back to 0 again inductive.. it like the range is 0 to 0.. using 0 to 20 mA?.
it seems range is both conficlt when programming in hmi.

its like this photo..how to display in hmi and calibrate?
search

Use positive/negative for leading/lagging?

That's exactly what we do, most devices that give you the pf in the first place will have a lag lead bit.

Some devices we see express it as a % of 100 too so -100% = 1 lagging and 100% = 1 leading.

OP, what device are you reading or using to measure the pf from ? Also your image link doesn't work......

i have on 0 to 20mA signal.. how to use it as negative/positive??... and is the range is still -100mvar to 100mvar??... im working on a project in a power plant..they have an existing analog reactive power meter.. what i want to do is transfer it to HMI that has a built it analog module..im using red lion crimson GMUIN4 module... it

i have on 0 to 20mA signal.. how to use it as negative/positive??... and is the range is still -100mvar to 100mvar??... im working on a project in a power plant..they have an existing analog reactive power meter.. what i want to do is transfer it to HMI that has a built it analog module..im using red lion crimson GMUIN4 module... it

You need to ask the people providing the analogue how its configured but logic would suggest that its -1 to 1 over the 0-20mA range

someone told me that i should use signal converter because the input signal of the old reactive power meter is -20mA to 20mA.. He told that i need to convert it to 4 to 20mA

someone told me that i should use signal converter because the input signal of the old reactive power meter is -20mA to 20mA.. He told that i need to convert it to 4 to 20mA

So you have your answer then, and Rdast has told you in the other thread, if this is the same issue keep it all in the same thread,

Its getting mighty confusing