power flex 40P encoder??

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anyone provide me with a AB cat # of a encoder that can be used with Powerflex 40P. The manual states that PowerFlex 40P will only works with 5V or 12V line driver type encoder, but I'm having a hard time understanding what the LINE DRIVER TYPE ENCODER means. Thanks for all the help.

Has any one used the powerflex 40p with a encoder if so what type of encoder is it? what brand?

hey I have spoke with a AB tech Support and asked them to provide a bulletin number of an ab encoder that I could use with Power Flex 40P. The answer I got was "just look for an encoder that has a differential line driver as an output. So just to answer myself here bulletin number 844a,844B,844D have a differential line driver outputs.

Differential Line Driver: A type of
output driver using two signal lines per
encoder channel. When used with a
differential line receiver, longer cable
lengths and higher noise immunity can​
be provided.
[FONT=Swiss721NarrowSWA,Bold][FONT=Swiss721NarrowSWA,Bold]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]