power flex 4m

vikas1947

i have a power flex 4m and a micrologix 1100 now i want to operate power flex with micrologix using Ethernet cable .so please tell me the required software for that and tell me the steps and instruction of micrologix that i can use to control my drive rpm ,rotation etc:geek:

re

Integral RS485 (Modbus RTU)
• Optional: *DeviceNet™, *EtherNet/IP, *PROFIBUS DP™,
*ControlNet, *LonWorks®, *Bluetooth ®
*Optional network for use only with DSI External
Communications Kit
these are the available option for pf4m ,,and physically i can see the Ethernet port in pf4m ..

The "8P8C" connector, commonly called "RJ45", on the PowerFlex 4/4M drives is definitely NOT Ethernet. It has pins for connection to Rockwell's "DSI" network, which includes a simple RS-485 Modbus RTU protocol implementation.

On the MicroLogix 1100 side, pins 1 and 8 on the round Channel 0 serial connector are the RS-485 port. The easiest way to connect to those is to use a 1763-NC01 cable.

Physical and logical connectivity between MicroLogix and PowerFlex 4-family is extensively documented as part of the Rockwell Automation "Connected Components" marketing campaign. There are quick-starts, user manuals, and even pre-written example programs for using a MicroLogix 1100 and a PowerFlex 4M together.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/components/connected/blocks.html