PowerFlex 4 to vary pump output pressure

jonmoga

Hello,

I have a glyco system that chills several product tanks. We have a problem with over presurizing the glycol system when only a few tanks are on. I'm hoping to vary the speed of the pump using a AB Powerflex4 and a presure transmiting using the 4-20ma to control the speed.

Here's my questions.

How do I configure the VFD to vary the motor from an inverse 4-20ma signal, ie pressue is high(20ma) slow the motor down, pressure is low(4ma) speed motor up.
How do I configure it to hold at a desired setpoint, say I want the system to run at 18psi or 9.75ma whether the is 1 tank chilling or 12 tanks.
With more tanks chilling it will require a high pump speed to maintain the desired pressure and vice versa.
Is the powerflex able to do that kind of scaling?

Thanks

Jon

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but according to my magic PF4 book: A112 and A113 is your scaling, set A112 to 100%, A113 to 0% to reverse scale. A112 is the low side of 4-20, and A113 is the high side.