PowerFlex 40 - best way to set the IP Address on a 22-Comm-E

Rob S.

Good Evening ,

I’m trying to get our maintenance staff to set the IP Address for a 22-Comm-E
card for PowerFlex 40 drive . I usually use BootP , but is there a way you can use the built in HIM on a PowerFlex 40 to set the IP Address on the 22-Comm-E ? Shame on me if I overlooked this .

Thanks so much in advance

Thanks . I read that manual , but within the procedure with the HIM , it did not seem like it followed thru to the IP Address entry . I will try it tomorrow.

Thanks again ,

The HIM module is actually connected to a tiny serial "DSI" network with both the VFD control board and the 22-COMM-E.

Follow the steps on page 3-2 to switch from connecting to the Drive and its parameters, to connecting to the 22-COMM-E and its parameters.

The IP address itself is parameters 3,4,5,6 of the 22-COMM-E.

Be sure you enter a compatible Network Mask and Default Gateway, and disable BOOTP.