Powerflex 70 Freezing at Initialization

bc2830

I have a Powerflex 70 drive that is freezing on the initialization step when the drive is first powered on. I've tried removing and reseating the display with no luck. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

IMG_20151115_113951.jpg

I had a PF700 do this a couple weeks ago. In my case I was able to swap a HIM from another drive to try. After inserting the borrowed HIM, the drive initialized and ran just fine.

Interestingly, I took the bad HIM and put it in the other drive and it initialized just fine as well?!?!

bc2830,

Welcome to the Forum!

See here for possible causes...

53683 - PowerFlex 70/700/700H/700S and DC: HIM Displays "Connecting"or "Initializing"
Access Level: Everyone

Cow,

I'll bet that in your case it was reason 1 in the above technote? In other words the HIM was not bad, it just was not plugged in right.

Regards,
George

Thanks Cow! If I can find a spare HIM I'll try that. We only have the one powerflex in question in service at the site.

alan_505 said:
Hi George,

I have had a couple of cases of item 7, bad TCOMM board, changing that out cured the problem.

Alan

Yes Alan,

We had similar issue on a PowerFlex 700 before, but the HIM was actually blank in that case. Took a bit of fault finding and swapping of components with a spare drive to narrow it down. Once we knew it was the TCOMM board we ordered a new one and swapped it in. Still running about 3 years now.

G.

Last edited: