Powerflex 700VC Enable circuit

chasmatt741

Can you configure a Powerflex 700VC Drive to run without a hardwired "Enable" circuit? The drive is connected to the PLC through ethernet and I want to do all controlling through the program.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

The 700VC was built to be similar to the 1336 Plus, Plus II, IMPACT and FORCE with a dedicated-purpose hardware Enable input that you could physically make mandatory.

See page 54 of the Installation Manual:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/20b-in014_-en-p.pdf

If you install the jumper J10, you can software-disable all the digital inputs.

If you remove J10, then Digital Input 6 has to be set for Enable and electrically held high.

To do an all-network-control application, install the J10 jumper and set all the Digital Inputs to "0 - Unused".

chasmatt741 said:
...The drive is connected to the PLC through ethernet and I want to do all controlling through the program.

"the PLC" is a Logix 5000 controller, yes? Else we may have a different discussion on our hands here.

Regards,
George