Powerflex 755 problem

Shark13

I recently swapped out a powerflex 755 that failed in service with a new one. However when installing the HIM module back into the new drive, I found out that the HIM module was empty. Unable to copy to new drive.

I've downloaded the drive parameters through logix. I think everything carried over ok. I set up the stop and run I/O. The speed reference should be set through ethernet IP like it was.

In the begining I was able to jog the pump motor that the drive is commanding. I verified rotation. However, now when I tell the drive to start. The drive changes status from Stop Asserted, to At Reference.

What am I missing?

When you open the aop in logix does it correlate? If there are significant versions mismatches it may have not taken all your parameters.

I believe at reference means the drive output is at the commanded speed/hz, what is your commander speed when you see the at reference?

What speed are you commanding to the drive. At reference means its at the speed it was told to run. Is the drive looking at the desired speed reference?

Hehe. Correlate, AOP, transfer parameters??? Good luck. Most user unfriendly AOP I've ever run into. I've had zero luck with it.

So I have 2 drives side be side and I noticed the speed reference was not the same for the drives comparing the two. I changed the value in parameter 545 so that they matched. I was able to start both drives the pump drive I was trying to get to work before, works perfectly... The other drive, now has no feedback. Im assuming parameter 545 must be different per drive?

Is the Drive in AUTO mode?
If it is in manual the 545 speed ref gets overwritten.

So I have 2 drives side be side and I noticed the speed reference was not the same for the drives comparing the two. I changed the value in parameter 545 so that they matched. I was able to start both drives the pump drive I was trying to get to work before, works perfectly... The other drive, now has no feedback. Im assuming parameter 545 must be different per drive?

Make sure parameter 545 is set to 877 to receive speed commands form the Ethernet (port 13)

Yes it was in auto. Thanks for all the response's, this is what the last problem was. After I changed 545, everything started working accordingly.