PowerFlex525 issue

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 525 set up with a compact logix and a panel view on our test bench.
Someone has done something to the drive that has disabled ethernet. I have done multiple P53-2 factory resets, c128 to parameters, set IP and Sub net, Set
P46 to 5 and P47 to 15........This is all I have ever done to network a 525. There are no ENET/LINK lights appearing in display like you normally see. I have been trying to figure this out for hours. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Here is my workflow for setting up PowerFlex drives:

• Set the IP address in the drive (including C128 as you pointed out)
  • Download your project with all of the drives inhibited
  • Go Offline
  • Open the first drive, download the parameters to the drive
  • (the drive properties is completely different in the newer version so I can't give specifics on the tabs and clicks)
  • Repeat with each drive
  • Re-download the project after you have loaded all of the parameters with the drives "un-inhibited"

Are you sure you are connected to the correct physical port? Ethernet, not serial. Also, the port itself may be defective.

Are you sure?
Are you able to ping to the drive?
Is the ethernet cable ok? Trying changing cable?
Are you connected directly from the drive to your PC??
On the drive display check if the actual IP address is same as you have set?