Pressure Switch Woes

Clark Solutions 360 Series Stainless Steel Pressure Switches

Ashcroft® Pressure Switches

There are a ton of manufacturers that will do the job nicely.
I would say google it, find if you have any local reps and have them competitively bid it.
If you are buying a bunch you should get a pretty good price.

SLC_Integrator said:
That requires a sales guy that knows what hes talking about.

I havnt met a rep yet that wouldnt sell you his grandma if he thought you would buy it wether you needed/wanted/could afford it or not.

My local AB sales rep is a stud.
He sells you what you need & busts his butt to make sure it's going to work well for you, & follows up to see that it's worked well.

JBradley said:
you speak highly of this man....either you work for AB, or you are his manager.

Just kidding...

Thanks so much for your help guys.
JB

I'm his boss. I pay his wage & he knows it.

Ashcroft NP1 Pressure switch has a digital display, NEMA 4 housing, 120V poer supply and pressure ranges from 60 to 20,000 psi
Reference bulletin SW-15

CroCop said:
He sells you what you need & busts his butt to make sure it's going to work well for you, & follows up to see that it's worked well.

Wont be long til hes either promoted beyond any useful position or selling something that makes him a better commission.
Most of the outside sales guys I deal with are 'OK' as long as you spec out all the hardware, have all the right part numbers and remember all the little accessories and pieces to make the whole thing work.

I guess I'm a little cynical after one sold a customer on a brand new Modicon PLC. After a little while we got 'the call'.

The customer had originally wanted an expandable I/O PLC that could talk Modbus RTU to their DCS and serial to a local HMI, plus have a spare port for a laptop connection.

He forgot to tell them they needed 'bus terminators' for it to work. (they didnt come with the backplane and were not mentioned ANYWHERE in any of the documentation), the only error it showed was the software couldnt connect to the PLC. No red flashing lights, nothing obvious.

Strike 1

Then we discover this particular Modicon PLC didnt talk modbus.
Unless you buy a $600 expansion card.
Then you have to buy the 'special cable' to attach to said card for another $300.

Strike 2

Then the specified CPU came with 2 comm ports (plus the extra $1000 'modbus capable' port)
But when we tried to connect both the laptop AND the HMI to the 2 comm ports they wouldnt work. Tech support said they werent 'really' 2 com ports.

Strike 3

It went on.. and on.. and on.

Working Fluid: Air
Pressures: 2 circuits, 4-6 psi; 80-100 psi
Do you mean two switches with two circuits on each pressure switch? In other words, a "dual setpoint" pressure switch?

On the other hand do you mean instead two separate types of switches are needed, one model with 4-6 psi setpoint, and the other with 80-100 psi setpoint?

Does the switch need to be factory set, with no user settings at all to prevent tampering?

The Omega PSW-713 might work, with dual setpoints, externally calibrated, 0-100 psi range, NEMA 4X corrosion-resistant enclosure, two 15 Amp DPDT outputs, in stock for $477.

http://www.omega.com/Pressure/pdf/PSW-700.pdf

Last edited:
SLC_Integrator said:
Wont be long til hes either promoted beyond any useful position or selling something that makes him a better commission.
Most of the outside sales guys I deal with are 'OK' as long as you spec out all the hardware, have all the right part numbers and remember all the little accessories and pieces to make the whole thing work.

I guess I'm a little cynical after one sold a customer on a brand new Modicon PLC. After a little while we got 'the call'.

The customer had originally wanted an expandable I/O PLC that could talk Modbus RTU to their DCS and serial to a local HMI, plus have a spare port for a laptop connection.

He forgot to tell them they needed 'bus terminators' for it to work. (they didnt come with the backplane and were not mentioned ANYWHERE in any of the documentation), the only error it showed was the software couldnt connect to the PLC. No red flashing lights, nothing obvious.

Strike 1

Then you have to buy the 'special cable' to attach to said card for another $300.

Strike 2

Then the specified CPU came with 2 comm ports (plus the extra $1000 'modbus capable' port)
But when we tried to connect both the laptop AND the HMI to the 2 comm ports they wouldnt work. Tech support said they werent 'really' 2 com ports.

Strike 3

Ouch.
I had just the opposite.
I ordered a VFD with a comms card, & comm card cover. George took my order, looked at the comm card cover, & told me it was the wrong one. I had got the size B instead of C. Saved me a couple of dollars & a couple of days getting it all through purchasing & shipping 1 more time.

Sucks to hear you've had those kinds of problems.

(& George won't be promoted anytime soon. He loves what he does & has been doing it for closing in on 20 years now. I'm lucky to have him as a resource)

CroCop said:

CroCop and I share the same local sales rep. I'll second what he has said. George is awesome. And he is backed up by some other very smart people in the same company.

Last edited:
SLC_Integrator said:

Strike 1

Strike 2

Strike 3

Dont know who told you you cant connect laptop and HMI at same time.......I do it every day, from the front ports