Preventing MSG block from continuously sending

darn, thought I had it, until I downloaded to the processor. According to my code, I need the MSG enabled, or timer Done to be true along with the alarm. Upon download, neither MSG is enabled or TMR done (TMR not even counting, of course) so I'm almost there...

You should just enable the message as soon as the alarm happens, then start the timer on the next rung. Seal in the timer with it's /TT bit so that it will always time out, then use the timer/DN bit to inhibit the MSG.

Since your relying on the MG10:5/ER bit, I'd personally rather see something like what OkiePC said. You can eliminate the need for the other timer (and free up some extra memory) that way.

I will get to try this tomorrow, I got caught up in other issues today, thanks for all the input guys. If I had the time to actually think about this problem, I wouldn't be so confused šŸ™ƒ

cheers tonight šŸ»

tim

I apologize, I posted an answer to soon. Didn't really think about it (Not good).
You should just enable the message as soon as the alarm happens.
I didn't think about that part.
then start the timer on the next rung. Seal in the timer with it's /TT bit so that it will always time out, then use the timer/DN bit to inhibit the MSG.
I tried the Timer/DN bit to inhibit the MSG, but it would never enable, so I rewrote what I did before keeping in mind what Okie said.
The message is sent as soon as the alarm happens. I used the Timer/TT XIO bit to stop the message from being sent again until the timer resets. I used the Timer/DN bit to reset the Timer. I tried it on a PLC & it worked.
What about this?

Message.jpg

double post, sorry

Thanks Duwop, I'll try this in the morning. I am gracious for everyone's help and suggestions. I've been pulled away from solving this today, and it still needs to get done. I'm sure this happens to everyone. Thanks again, good night, I'll reply in the AM for sure.

Tim

Last edited:
Thanks Duwop,

It works flawlessly. Again, Thanks to all of you :geek: who helped me on this one. We've got a nice little alarm handler for those interested in re-using this!

CHEERS!
šŸŗ

:site:

What if you're message errors? Do you want it to resend regardless of the timer? Is there any thing else using the same port that the email message uses? If so, what if the port is busy when your email message tries to send?
I guess you might consider this fault handling issues (at least to some degree).
Sorry for all of the questions, I just couldn't help myself.

As for fault handling, I don't do so well in that area.
I'm 40 years old & I still can't handle my faults.