Price Increase

Yes, it's slow delivery from most brands.

But I don't have 1 year delivery estimates from yaskawa, Mitsubishi. Even automationdirect, omron and parker are weeks.

And none of them charge me a premium for hardware, software, support, after hours support.

What is worst is they charge that premium for products like ftview and ccw.

But I don't have 1 year delivery estimates from yaskawa, Mitsubishi. Even automationdirect, omron and parker are weeks.
And of course Keyence is always happy to deliver the next day. A Keyence guy was telling me Keyence mostly relies on their own chips so the global chip shortage did not affect them as much.

Also, I picked a rumor about Beckhoff: they did find an alternative for the chips they use in their safety terminals, but, being safety devices, they will have to be thoroughly tested, validated and certified. Which will take time.

Yes, it's slow delivery from most brands.

But I don't have 1 year delivery estimates from yaskawa, Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi PLCs and Siemens PLCs are using Renesas CPUs/SOCs. Renesas is company owned by Mitsubishi, so you can presume who has priority.
Siemens will get exact quantity of previously ordered chips at exactly agreed time, but somebody did not order enough when was the right time.
I hope that people who think that Just in Time concept and zero inventories is good will think twice now.

Just got a quote from Siemens, ET200 bases expected in November, and 16x DI cards for December, glad the project needs to be out the door in April..

Just got a quote from Siemens, ET200 bases expected in November, and 16x DI cards for December, glad the project needs to be out the door in April..
Fortunately those are things which you can change easy with other producer, with minimal change in existing program.

When are these AB price increases supposedly going to take place?

I just received an email yesterday that stated they will now have an 8.8% increase across the board instead of the 1.9% Shipping & handling and 6.9% across-the-board increase.

These will take place first week of March.

Items with a ship date after March 6th will use the new prices, with the exception of open orders made on or before February 7th.

They've also decided to change it from a 6.9% price adjustment and 1.9% shipping & handling surcharge to just a straight 8.8% standard price increase.

EDIT: Date may vary based on location it seems.

Anyone know of some IO brands that aren't manufactured in mainland China or Taiwan? Thinking someone like B&R or others might manufacture in Europe.

We are starting to have to delay projects because we can't get parts. My leadership wants to start evaluating alternatives to AB and Siemens. I'm pretty pessimistic though, since most of the components will still need chips that come from that part of the world...

Anyone know of some IO brands that aren't manufactured in mainland China or Taiwan? Thinking someone like B&R or others might manufacture in Europe.

We are starting to have to delay projects because we can't get parts. My leadership wants to start evaluating alternatives to AB and Siemens. I'm pretty pessimistic though, since most of the components will still need chips that come from that part of the world...

As much as I feel some of their HMIs are lacking, Red Lion Controls (York, PA) offers I/O modules. They support numerous communication protocols, although I didn't see Ethernet/IP in the list.

I'm in the same boat with lead times of September/October for I/O modules through AB. This **** needs to end.

EZautomation is the only one that comes to mind. They state "made in the USA" and "factory direct". I've used a few of their products, and they aren't too bad. I'd put them on par with any of the Automation Direct brands and most will integrate with Rockwell. Haven't used them extensively though, only in limited situations.

Looking at their website, they appear to have stock. I'd guess once you go to check out you may see lead times, but maybe not.