Price Increase

Unfortunately it's not going to get better any time soon. Supply and demand. If they have it, they know you'll pay for it. Every company is running into supply issues now. It is crazy to me seeing lead times of 16-20 weeks. I used to always use 8-12 weeks as the worst case scenario.

I almost wish it were only 16-20 weeks for some items. I'm seeing closer to 38-50 weeks on some CPUs & HMIs.

Neither is acceptable - but it is up to the customer to either stick with what they want or allow us to change to a manufacturer who has stock. Nearly every one is opting to wait when given that choice.

I almost wish it were only 16-20 weeks for some items. I'm seeing closer to 38-50 weeks on some CPUs & HMIs.

Neither is acceptable - but it is up to the customer to either stick with what they want or allow us to change to a manufacturer who has stock. Nearly every one is opting to wait when given that choice.

I haven't seen any 38-50 week lead times, but if I did I would probably spit my coffee out all my desk. What manufacturer are you seeing that long?

Apart from Powerflex drives & Panelviews, I haven't seen a long lead on most items - with the exception of a couple of really odd ones.

For instance - Normally Closed screw contacts on 800-F pushbuttons were like 2 months out a little while ago. The front-mounted contact block on a 140M was like 3 months out.

Maybe it's because we are on the other side of the pond, but 100-C55EJ00 I have ordered 264pcs in september. I've got like 80 of them and rest is 16 march. Also, the 800F-X10 (normally open) I've just recieved the ones I ordered i august, fortunally I could empty the stock on 800F-X10V, but those are even worse now. I have some load switches ordered in may that I haven't recieved also :) The good thing is that noone seems to react when I tell them we have to delay panels..

I haven't seen any 38-50 week lead times, but if I did I would probably spit my coffee out all my desk. What manufacturer are you seeing that long?

Siemens Comfort Panels & 1500 series PLC CPU & safety I/O modules.

I'm sure the Rockwell vs Siemens lead times depend on which side of the ocean you are on.

Last edited:
If it was purely supply and demand then once a very well managed company like Rockwell :) ;) would lower prices once their supply gets in line with demand. That won't happen. It wasn't like they were lower cost than anyone else to begin with, anyway....

At some point everyone will have to bite the bullet and break the Rockwell habit.

If it was purely supply and demand then once a very well managed company like Rockwell :) ;) would lower prices once their supply gets in line with demand. That won't happen. It wasn't like they were lower cost than anyone else to begin with, anyway....

At some point everyone will have to bite the bullet and break the Rockwell habit.

They'll eventually pi$$ off enough of their base, I hope, that they'll have to reel back in their pricing. They are starting to get really money hungry with various support contracts and software packages. Bigger companies will ride through it but I can't imagine the smaller companies will be able to stick with that trend. I know my requirement to use AB is purely from an end user. As long as they are willing to pay then that's what we'll keep supplying them.

Unfortunately it's not going to get better any time soon. Supply and demand. If they have it, they know you'll pay for it. Every company is running into supply issues now. It is crazy to me seeing lead times of 16-20 weeks. I used to always use 8-12 weeks as the worst case scenario.

Politics is killing businesses. Supply Chain is a term used to shift the blame.

They'll eventually pi$$ off enough of their base, I hope, that they'll have to reel back in their pricing. They are starting to get really money hungry with various support contracts and software packages. Bigger companies will ride through it but I can't imagine the smaller companies will be able to stick with that trend. I know my requirement to use AB is purely from an end user. As long as they are willing to pay then that's what we'll keep supplying them.

Yeah, **** AB. I have been working hard the last 20 months to convert customers to better suppliers.