Printing PDF file to a folder in a Siemens IPC from a HMI

Walks

Hi, I'm trying to send PDF screenshots from my 1500 comfort panel HMI to a specific folder in an IPC that is connected on the same network. It is currently setup so that the PDF screenshots are saved on a USB drive connected directly to the HMI. I use the "print screen" button to send the screenshot to the USB drive.

I'm using the PDF V1.5 driver to save screenshots to the USB drive but it doesn't give me an option to change the directory in the HMI printer settings. Saving to the USB drive works but it's locked to USB port 1.

Is there a different driver I should be using that will allow me to send the screenshots to my IPC, or any other computer with Windows 7? I'm also a little uncertain how I would map the folder in the HMI printer settings.

In the end I would like to have the PDF screenshots saved on BOTH the IPC and USB drive, but getting at least get the screenshots saved on the IPC would be great.

Thank you for any advice!

Instead of printing to a network drive, I would merely enable the webserver on the Comfort Panel.
You can then browse to and copy files off the panel from any location that can reach the panel.

So far I have not had any luck sending the PDF screenshot to a folder in the HMI. I tried to use the "other" option in the PDF settings and set it to a computer on the same network. I'm wondering if the address format is not correct. I used,

\\192.168.1.1\Users\Admin\HMI_Screenshot

Yea I'm kind of lost. I can send screenshots from the HMI application to a folder on the Comfort Panel itself but I can't get it to send to a folder on a remote computer. I can ping the remote computer from the Comfort Panel OS (Windows CE)

I think you have to use the IPC's name and not the ip-adress. Try to see if you browse the folder from the HMI.

\\pc-name\Users\Admin\HMI_Screenshot