Private Message open to all :-)

Most YD starters are self contained due to the necessity for mechanical as well as electrical interlocks. Nasty things could happen if the electrical interlocks failed even using a PLC. It's almost never a good idea to use the same button for starting and stopping except possibly in the case of a momentary jog button. Others may disagree with this.

Last edited:
I disagree

Thats an easy fix, its just software 👨🏻‍🏫

I have a customer who thinks you need one button to run an 800Kw extruder and all the feeders o_O

He also thinks it can run of a 13Amp (UK) plug top FFS !!! :eek:

Dave I was about to send you a PM. I need to bridge a G3 onto a DH+ network from Ethernet. Since they don't support CIP how do I get there from here? Dan Yost said he thinks you did that once. He couldn't find an email.

Sorry to highjack this thread.

totel1,

Search the forums for flip flop or toggle. You'll find thousands of posts on how to start/stop with only one push button. Then search on Wye Delta.

Jeff. See this. 🍺 couldn't resist

10,000 comedian out of work and you want to try your hand at it.

I do have to say that put a smile on my face. I aam still grinning as I type this. You have young girls in the house? I hope so.

Had this today - Best on the open forums as i may get the answer wrong :unsure:

yd starter
hallo friend.
i would like to do Y\D starter that is controled by plc.how do i do it in the easyiest way?
suppose the motor is being controled by one push button for start and stop.
thank you.

Poster was: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/member.php?u=75493

You said easiest. So here is my answer
Contract it out.

Dan Bentler

A #PushButton

WTH? That's something I've alwasy been meaning to ask about S7 STL. I understand most of it but I've never used it.

A ands the addressed bit with the RLO. Simple enough. But don't you have to load something into the RLO to begin with?

Last edited:
WTH? That's something I've alwasy been meaning to ask about S7 STL. I understand most of it but I've never used it.

A ands the addressed bit with the RLO. Simple enough. But don't you have to load something into the RLO to begin with?

Its an art form, i still have "L" plates on

Screen shot 2010-10-22 at 00.19.21.png