Problem with Proface HMI GP 37W2

rahilansari

Dear All

One of my client have Proface HMI GP 37W2-BG41-24V HMI. The problem is it is not accepting the passwords and they dont have the original program also....

Now the only way I think is I should perform an upload and do the changes...isn'n it???

But I have never worked with proface stuff so ;
1.Will anyone tell me which software (demo/free version)should I use(I think GP Pro EX)so that I can take upload and do the changes.

2. which cable i can use?

please hepl me guyz so that i can solve this problem and make my client happy.

thanks
rahil:site:

gpexpro is correct - but it is now Ver 2.7
This is licenced software.
you will need the USB/USB cable available through Proface or Schneider.
Depending on how it has been loaded depends if you can do anything with it.
If it has E/net you can program through that.

Dear Ian
thanks for your reply....
I have installed GP-Pro EX 3.0 but I am not sure whether I can upload the program from GP 37W2-BG41-24V HMI since it is not color type(monochrome).
Also will you please tell me whether I can use general Serial RS232 cable for upload and download.
If I would upload then can I change the password using GP Pro EX 3.0 unlicensed version.

please advice.
thanks
rahil

Dear Ian
thanks for your reply....
I have installed GP-Pro EX 3.0 but I am not sure whether I can upload the program from GP 37W2-BG41-24V HMI since it is not color type(monochrome).
Also will you please tell me whether I can use general Serial RS232 cable for upload and download.
If I would upload then can I change the password using GP Pro EX 3.0 unlicensed version.

please advice.
thanks
rahil

I doubt it - I think the unlicenced is 'demo mode' only
- sorry Aslan V2.70 (not 7.2) is the current - I'll check V3.0 though

Dear aslan
will you please tell me where i can get that software(without license) because I can see only GP-Pro Ex on the Proface website...

please advice
thanks
rahil

thanks markie for your reply...
But I have already dwnloaded GP Pro EX and have the option for dwnload and upload....the only think is that my HMI is old one and doesn't included in this new version....will please give me some more information about actually what should I do if I dont want to purchase the license because my problem is very small ...

Last edited:
You misunderstand. The software you have downloaded is for the CURRENT models of HMI. You need GP-PRO/PBIII,which will work with your screen.

Try to find this and you will need the cable that ASLAN said.

I have purchased the software and the cable(Cable HMI-Cab-C49) also....
will anybody please tell me steps to upload, making back up and download.
thanks all.
Rahil