Problem with Siemens MMC-card

Vitaly

Hello.
I have a problem with MMC 8 MB.

After failure while downloading to CPU my memory card was corrupted. STOP blinks on CPU. I tried to format MMC with MRES, but it is still corrupted.

I know about s7imgrd and s7imgwr programs.
Can anybody give me an image for this card?

If your card is relatively new ( less than a couple of years old) and has part number 6ES7 953-8Lx11-0AA0 (where "x" denotes the memory size), then the card may be faulty. There were a lot of problems with this new series of MMC cards when they were introduced (things may have improved in the meantime, but I don't know about that).

If you get in touch with Siemens they can check whether the card is faulty from the CPU diagnostic messages and if so you can just send the card back to Siemens and they'll send you a new one free of charge.

My card was bought just in last month. Its part number is partly rubbed away. If I am right, it is 6ES7 x5y-8Lz20-0AA0, where x - 8 or 9, y - 3 or 8, z - R or B.
So probably the card is faulty. I'll try to get in touch with Siemens in our city.
Thank you, RMA.