Problem with transfering BOOL Array to FactoryTalk

krisbi

Hi guys.

I am using RS Studio v24 and I have a structure BOOL[2048] inside. When I give project to our HMI designer he sees that array of bools as DINT[64]. What could be the problem there, I can't figure it out?

Thanks.

You didn't say what HMI he's using but I don't think its FTView as it doesn't care, it just sees a tag array (of any). Tell him to try it, I suspect he'll only see values of 0 or 1.

For HMI it is used FT View Machine v8.

As for multiplication, I understand how 64*32 works, but that BOOL[2048] are alarm bits, and they need to be easy to work with.

This is easy to work with:

ALARMS[0]
ALARMS[1]
ALARMS[2047]

this is not easy

ALARMS[0][0]
ALARMS[0][1]
ALARMS[63][31]

to make import list for this.

Yes, I also have no problem if I make another project, put same controller inside and make BOOL[2048], then read variables in FT8. But in this project I am working on, it shows them as 64*DINT????