Problems with RSLinx DDE with Google Chrome open

west309

I have a few RSLinx troubleshooting spreadsheets that use DDE to get data from PLCs. I noticed that Excel will not get a connection to the RSLinx topic and will lock up if I open the spreadsheet while Google Chrome is open. As soon as I close Google Chrome, the topic makes a connection and the spreadsheet fills in with data.

I'm using array formulas and don't know if the same problem exists using VBA to connect to RSLinx.

Has anyone else observed this problem?

I'm using:
  • Windows 7 32-bit
  • RSLinx 2.58.00
  • Excel 2010
  • Chrome 16

Yes this is a known issue with Google Chrome and it has been around for at least a year and a half as far as I can tell. It also seems to impact only Microsoft products doing DDE links to other DDE Applications. You can do a DDE Link to and Excel Spread sheet with no problems. It was reported to Google over a year ago and they do not seem to have made an attempt to address the issue.

This is the KB Article that we created for the issue once we realized it existed.

http://www.kepware.com/KEP_KB/?solu...PublicKnowledgeSolution/d?&id=50140000000S8RC