Process simulation

Paul E

Could anyone advise me, as to what process simulation software packages are currently available in the market? I need to test an AB PLC 5 ladder program.
I am aware of two systems namely "PICS" & "VP Link" are there any others?
With the expected initial cost, I would like the package to cater for other manufactured PLC's for future use.

Using the above mentioned packages, could I use AB Emulate 5 instead of a processor & rack arrangement on the desk?

Paul.

RSemulate

I have used RSemulate 5 and 500 in the past to test programs on the slc and PLC 5 family of plc's. All this software does is scan your program like a real processor. You toggle you inputs on and off. It doesnt work for PID's, and a few message instructions though. It can be interfaced with RSview 32 or a panelview. I am not sure how pricey it is I obtained it from my company. Anyhoo
I hope this helps