Profibus configuration for MTL 8507 BIM

Tresco-oz

I'm trying to setup a Profibus link between a CTI 2500-C200 PLC and a MTL 8507-BI-DP. I'm using FasTrack 505 Workshop V5.10.

I've tried a few different versions of the .GSD files from MTL as well as a newer one from GE who were looking after this product after MTL.

The configuration loads ok into the PLC, but the 8705 slave module always shows "Status: Offline" in the Profibus I/O configuration window.
STW231.1 is on (DP Operate)
STW231.6 is on (Slave Error)
All other bits of STW231 are off

The 8705 Slave Diagnostics window changes values when I connect/disconnect the profibus cable - so I know it's communicating.
With cable connected the diagnostics show:
"Slave not ready for data exchange = Yes"
"Incorrect parameterization = Yes"
"Slave has to be parameterized = Yes"
"Watchdog activated = Yes"
When I unplug the cable these all change to "No"

Has anyone had any success with configuring the MTL 8507 BIM?

regards, Phil

Hello Phil, let's start from the beginning. Are you using standard Profibus media, and is there correct termination at both sides of the Profibus segment. How long is the overall cable length and what baud rate has the master been setup. Did you try a slower baud rate?

"Incorrect parameterization = Yes"
"Slave has to be parameterized = Yes"

Sounds to me as
either the Profibus master is not connected at all,
or the configuration of the modules in the MTL rack as setup in the CTI CPU does not match the real rack setup.

Does the CTI PLC have other Profibus slaves, and if so does the communication with these work OK ?