Hardware configuration how to configure IM on profibus?

plcnoob69

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to learn how to make hardware configuration. I have an IM on profibus. I added the whole group (I dragged the marked taxed on the right hand side to the profibus network). Looks like this: https://ibb.co/NrdgnGw

Now I need to configure the IM itself. I know how to add the DI and DO modules, but according to some tutorials I watched I should also add the IM (once again) to this bottom part of the screen. In some tutorials I need to add something from the PM folder on the right (which is empty), while on others something gets created automatically (like here on slot 2: https://ibb.co/QknNftq). This didn't happen to me.

I'd really appreciate if someone can unravel this mystery for me.

Last edited:
Is there some logic to this, or you just need to learn how to treat each ET?

IIRC, the ET200S requires a power module in the first open slot, while the ET200SP modules can serve as their own power modules.

You don't need to add the IM to the bottom.of the screen. Click on the IM in the upper frame and the bottom frame will show you inside the rack. then you may add your modules to it.

ET200S and ET200SP are 2 similar, but not identical systems. ET200S preceed ET200SP by approx. 15 years.
So yes, you have to learn both if you are going to work with both.

Is there some logic to this, or you just need to learn how to treat each ET?

Every IO family is different. S and SP are very very similar, but SP has some improvements, presumably based on feedback they recieved over the long life of the S line.