ProfiBus Link Issue between two S7-300 PLC's

EHIRL

Hi All,

As part of a bigger project and not being too familiar with S7 I'm trying to send & receive data from datablocks over Profibus between a 315-2DP (Master) and a 313 with a CP342-5 Card (Slave). There is a Siemens Document details most of this and there is a lot of info on tips for communicating with the 342-5, all which I have examined.

At the moment everything looks good (No fault lights or diagnostic issues) The data transfer simply isn't occurring by looking at the datablocks online and I'm unsure why. The code can be downloaded at http://code.google.com/p/plc-code/downloads/list (just to big to upload here) below if anyone is interested and is bare-bones containing only the essentials, I imagine its a configuration issue.......

I Have solved this problem, I'm not too sure where the issue was but when I simply started from scratch again it all came together nicely, perhaps some helpful notes to anyone doing the same:

No matter what I couldn't send bytes but could send words so maybe try that 1st

This https://support.automation.siemens....slib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=6518938&caller=view link proved helpful but fell short in some parts for those not experienced. Also some of the code is in German so I & Q change to A & E I think it was.

PM me and I'll send on code if I can dig it out.