Profibus WinLC connection to CPU 315 2DP

Krcedinac

Hello to all,

I red few threads about connecting several PLCs by profibus and came up with idea to try to set up conection between WinLC and S7300 PLC. But while configuring hardwer I found problem.

DP315.JPG

mess.JPG

I can not give profibus adress to the Slave station and because of that I can not download.The same thing happens in the Net Pro too.
What did I do wrong or maybe it is not posible to set up connection like this?!?

It is possible.

1. Configure the PC station with WinLC RTX and CP5611. Set it up to be networked to a profibus netrwork.
Save and compile and close.

2. Configure the 313C-2DP.
Set it up to be networked to the same profibus network, set its operating mode to "slave", and configure the i/o configuration of the necessary number of input and output bytes.

3. Open the HW config of the PC station and select the profibus network and then the "CPU 31x" from the "configured stations" under "Profibus DP" in the HW catalog.
A dialog box will apear, select the 313C-2DP and hit the "connect" button.
Go to the "configuration" tab. Now you must redo the exact same configuration as in the 313C-2DP, only in opposite direction. Inputs in stead of outputs and vice-versa.
Close the dialog box, and look - the 313C-2DP now hangs on the master network correctly configured.

Hello Jesper,

Thanks for answering...like always. It is much easier to have exact information from someone like you then search the Siemens web site.
I did it...connected WinLC and 3152DP. Now just want to ask you what are the limitations in quantity of information that I can configure in DP\properties\configuration?
Is it possible to do data exchange for example with FC1(DP_SEND) and FC2 (DP_RECV)? Generally what are the other options?

Now just want to ask you what are the limitations in quantity of information that I can configure in DP\properties\configuration?
There is a limit, only I dont remember exactly. I also heard that you can configure several i/o areas if one is not enough (to go past the limit).
I would simply experiment with the HW Configuration and NetPro. If you try to do something that isnt possible they will tell you.
Is it possible to do data exchange for example with FC1(DP_SEND) and FC2 (DP_RECV)? Generally what are the other options?
You want to send data in a "dynamic" kind of way rather than the fixed i/o data.
DP_SEND and DP_RECV are used for updating the i/o areas for when you have a CP, so they are not relevant for you.
Look in this thread:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=32514&page=1&pp=15
But I personally didnt like the solution. It looks like a cludge, and there were some limitations as to how much you can transfer.