Proficy Edition GE Fanuc

Manoj M

Hello Everybody
I have got Proficy edition 7.0 build 5517 and one of my customer has latest edition which is version 8.0 build 6215. He send me a backup of program and asking me to do some changes, but unfortunately being conflict in version I cant open his program on my Machine. Is there any way if I can downgrade his program and make it compatible with my machine. I am new to GE family but can do PLC programming.
Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

You can always go ahead but you can never go back. As with most programs. Once it is saved with a newer version it cannot be opened with a previous version. Only way I know is uploading the program from PLC to your version(MUST connect to PLC with Program) but you loose variable names descriptions Comments. I try to keep copies of all versions. I put all my projects in separate folders on a server and cd. I label them Lathe_7.0 or Lathe_8.0 so I know what version Of Proficy is associated with the program.

Last edited:
Hi SJ, l was going thru proficy v8.0 trying to save a V8.0 program as an older version, so l could then offer to do a changed version to send back to Mano, but l couldn't find away to do this. You say it can't be opened in an older version, but it looks like GE can't save to an older version?

What I think you are trying to do is not possible. Saving a project to an earlier version is not a feature of Proficy. When you save a project it is saved as the version you are using. If you are using version 8 it is saved as version 8. And likewise with previous versions. If you save a project in version 8 you cannot open it in any other earlier versions. But you can open a earlier version with a later version.

Thanks SJ, l was just going thru 3 other PLC software's and same issue. Lucky we keep buying the upgrades.
Regards

To further blur the lines the current version of Proficy ME is 8.50. If you upgrade to this your customer will not be able to use your changed project either.
If you are an integrator and would like to use GEIP more look into their OEM Edge or Solution Provider Programs. These will connect you to the support team and you will be able to get any version you need to assist any customer.
If you have a good rapport with your distributor they too may be able to get you any needed version Demo CD or DVD. The Demo will run without restrictions for four (4) days. I currently have images of CME 5.00 through PME 8.50 to assist the integrators in my area of the world.
Just be a little careful and do your homework when installing an older version.

I actually have some older versions but I don't share them to be used as they take too much support. :)

Last edited:
hi.. i need proficy machine edition 7 version
can anybody help me please to send this software to for plc ge fanuc icudd110 28i/o.

send me a software please if you can help
thnx