Proficy Machine Edition and SLC 5/03

So I've created the Booleans and Addressed them appropriately (i.e. I1:1/00, O0:4/00) but I'm running into Error 4380: Invalid Address. Is that the address corresponding to the PLC or how I'm addressing the I/O's.

[I see. I'll try that out.]

I've changed a few, but I'm still getting the same errors. I found documentation where Inputs and Outputs are labeled: O0:~/~ and I1:~/~

Last edited:
I've just set up a project using the DF1 protocol and I can validate with no errors using either addressing syntax.

FYI, when I look at the properties of the DF1 driver here's what I see:

In the project navigator, expand "PLC Access Drivers" then expand "View Native Drivers", then click on "AB DF1". Under "Configuration" I see "DF1 -C2 -B19200 -PN -R1 -T1000".

Then when I click on "Device1" (the name assigned to the specific instance of the DF1 protocol) I see "-PSLC500 -R0 -S0 -B0 -L1 -G0".

When I look at the properties of my Boolean tag in the variables list, under "Data Source" I see "PLC Access" and under "Device" I see "Device1".

I've just set up a project using the DF1 protocol and I can validate with no errors using either addressing syntax.

FYI, when I look at the properties of the DF1 driver here's what I see:

In the project navigator, expand "PLC Access Drivers" then expand "View Native Drivers", then click on "AB DF1". Under "Configuration" I see "DF1 -C2 -B19200 -PN -R1 -T1000".

Then when I click on "Device1" (the name assigned to the specific instance of the DF1 protocol) I see "-PSLC500 -R0 -S0 -B0 -L1 -G0".

When I look at the properties of my Boolean tag in the variables list, under "Data Source" I see "PLC Access" and under "Device" I see "Device1".

Under my configuration when I click on ***, I see Com Port, Baud Rate, Parity, Error, and Time-out. Are you already connected to the PLC when creating this project? I won't be able to until I'm out on the field.