Proficy ME only supporting 32-bit DINT when communicating with Micrologix

sanger

We have a Proficy ME 6.0 application running on a GE QuickPanel View HMI. The panel is communicating with a Micrologix 1200 via a 1761-NET-ENI Ethernet Interface.

The Proficy application only allows creating integer variables of type DINT (32-bit). INT (16-bit) does not show up in the list of available variable types. If I create a variable to access N7:0 writing to that register writes to N7:0 and N7:1. Is there any way to define a 16-bit INT in Proficy ME or at lease have it limit the writing of the register to 16-bits.

Thanks.

I can not vouch for this with that old version of the Driver and the ML12 with Ethernet as I have not used it, However. In all of the GEIP drivers that we use even though we must select DINT as the data type in the QuickPanel View if the Variable is setup as type INT in the PLC then the QPV uses 16 bits instead of 32 bits. If you have tested this and you know it is accurate I would do one or all of these if it were mine.
1. Make sure that I have the latest update for PME 6.00, download SIM25.
2. Change the PLC to use DINT instead of INT.
3. Check with GEIP tech support for a work around or fix.

We have a Proficy ME 6.0 application running on a GE QuickPanel View HMI. The panel is communicating with a Micrologix 1200 via a 1761-NET-ENI Ethernet Interface.

The Proficy application only allows creating integer variables of type DINT (32-bit). INT (16-bit) does not show up in the list of available variable types. If I create a variable to access N7:0 writing to that register writes to N7:0 and N7:1. Is there any way to define a 16-bit INT in Proficy ME or at lease have it limit the writing of the register to 16-bits.

Thanks.

Create a file of Longs (32 bit integers) in your Micrologix and use those to interface to the HMI.

Im not quite sure if this is the answer or not. I dont remeber who or where I was told to do this but when I created a Variable to write to INT Create like %R00185[INT]. All I can say it worked and hasnt created any conflicts. this was with a Fanuc Plc. Try it and let us know your results.