Profinet comms diagnostics with S7 1200

pauly

I am looking to monitor Profinet communications to some drives from a Siemens S7 1200 plc. By monitoring I mean detection of the drives on the bus and communicating. Siemens pointed me in the direction of the GET_DIAG function. I tried this and all I get is an error code of 8082 in the RET_VAL. The explanation of the code does little to suggest the reason for it "Type in the details parameter is not supported with the selected mode"
If any body knows of any other ways of checking Profinet devices are present on the bus I would be grateful to know. Or indeed if any one has used the GET_DIAG function susccessfully I would pleased find out how it was done.
Thanks

Similar Topics

Hi all, I am trying to get my head round Profinet comms. I need to communicate with a Robot that has a profinet card fitted. The card is set to...
Replies
Views
Any insight greatly appreciated. I need to communicate to a slave device (non Siemens) with a siemens plc with profinet and profibus DP-V1 for...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to communicate between an S7-319 and a Sick CLV650 Profinet scanner. The scanner is setup and scanning ok and gets an IP from the PLC...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone help with this standard problem. I have a 315 2PN/DP CPU, the Profinet is to be connected to a PC which will send the CPU a...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom