ProfiNet Setup IndraDrive CS Siemens CP343-1

You have to use PNIO_SEND and PNIO_RECV when you have the PN IO System via a CP343-1.
DPWR_DAT and DPRD_DAT are for when you use a DP or PN port that is integrated into the CPU.

Hey Jesper,

Thanks for that info - didn't come across that anywhere!!

I've attached a few screen shots of the hardware set up and my PNIO_Send/recv blocks can you see any issue with them - still unable to read/write to the drive

One major problem.
You have configured the i/o for the drive to start from byte 256.
That would make sense with an integrated DP or PN port, but not when via a CP.
The process image of the CP is totally independant from the process image from the CPU. You should start from byte 0, not byte 256.

I wrote a small guide for DP via a CP342-5 (and DP_SEND and DP_RECV), I suspect the same principles apply to PNIO via a CP343-1 (and PNIO_SEND and PNIO_RECV):
Some tips regarding CP342-5

Disclaimer: For the above I assume that PNIO via a CP343-1 works in principle as DP via a CP342-5. I havent used a CP343-1 for PNIO before, only integrated PN ports.

Jesper my man - YOU ARE A LEGEND!!

Data exchange is now active, as soon as i changed the address ranges then adjusted the lengths of the PNIO_Send/Recv blocks it worked.

PS. My boss just gave you a big kiss!!