Programmable timer on CX programmer

sehonn

Hello everybody,

I am new at the forum, so pardon me if I ask a wrong question 🤞🏻

I have a CP1E NA20DT1T and I am trying to figure out, how can I make a programmable timer.

When I activate the input, an on delay timer starts ticking and the timer also activates an output. When the time is over, the output deactivates.

I would like to modify the value of the timer with 3 inputs.
Input1:+5sec
Input2:-5sec
Input3:resets the timer to the original preset value.

It would be also important, that the value of the timer never goes under 0.

Could tell me that what functions shall I use and how?

Use a data register for the timer preset value, not a constant.
Then manipulate the value by MOV instruction.
However, new value will become effective only after the timer restart.

Welcome to the forum.

You can use a D memory location as the preset value for a timer.

You can use math instructions that the result word is the same as the preset value word to allow modification of the preset value.

Hope this will help.

Thank you, the first part of my problem is solved. Now I wrote D0 as the preset value of the timer, and with a MOV function I can modify D0.

Now the reset function works, but I still don't know how can I increment and decrement the preset value by activating input1 and input2.

Use a BCD Add or BCD Subtract initiated by a DIFU contact.

BCD Add D0 #0050 D0 (result word).

You will need to reset the timer to enter the new preset.

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I am new at the forum, so pardon me if I ask a wrong question 🤞🏻

I have a CP1E NA20DT1T and I am trying to figure out, how can I make a programmable timer.

When I activate the input, an on delay timer starts ticking and the timer also activates an output. When the time is over, the output deactivates.

I would like to modify the value of the timer with 3 inputs.
Input1:+5sec
Input2:-5sec
Input3:resets the timer to the original preset value.

It would be also important, that the value of the timer never goes under 0.

Could tell me that what functions shall I use and how?

That's an off delay timer, does cs programmer actually have one?
I had to write code using on delay timers to make both off delay and pulse timers. I hope I didn't waste my time :oops:

That's an off delay timer, does cs programmer actually have one?
I had to write code using on delay timers to make both off delay and pulse timers. I hope I didn't waste my time :oops:

Off delay timer is available in cx-programmer. However I am not sure if it is available on every type of CPU..