Programming Encoder in AD Directsoft

J_Simmons

I am trying to setup the ladder logic for a 2500_PPR in DirectSoft. I am not that familar with this platform. I have exp. with AB but that was yrs ago. Any help is greatly appreciated.

And this one:

http://forum.automationdirect.com/

automationdirect.com has probably the most extensive self help guides out there. There are "getting started" guides for the Directsoft32 software, and if you download a manual for one of the high speed counter cards you'll probably find an example for wiring your encoder and programming example of how to write the code.

Once you've made it that far, and you still have trouble, come back here with your code or screen shots from the software and someone here should be able to point you in the right direction.