PROGRAMMING WITH CodeSys

ebotsmith

I am programming an Automatic Car Washing System in CodeSys, I am using SFC and Ladder diagram. I am having an error in my program which states:
Error(4355)A transition may not have side effects

I will appreciate if someone can help me with a clue on how to tackle this problem

Thanks in advance

Don't assign the logic to your transitions. They're simple enough to replace them with in-line ST. For example, replace the transition CarDetected with Sensor_Detect_Car or Sensor_Detect_Car = TRUE (whichever is more readable for you).

Good Luck!

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

sidney you found me,
yosi in sidney worksheet they must use ladder in the transitions (as this is a requirement for IEC

Have you tackled the problem?

In the help documents of CoDeSys v3.5,​
CODESYS Development System > Reference, Programming > Programming Languages and their Editors > . Sequential Function Chart (SFC) > Elements > SFC Elements 'Step' and 'Transition'
As opposed to CoDeSys V2.3, now CODESYS treats a transition condition like a method call. The entry has the following syntax:
<transition name>:=<transition condition>
(for example trans1:= a=100)
or only
<transition condition>
(for example a=100)
You will find an example (condition_xy) in the figure above.

In the help documents of CoDeSys v2.3,​
Transition / Transition condition
A transition condition must have the value TRUE or FALSE. Thus it can consist of either a boolean variable, a boolean address or a boolean constant. It can also contain a series of instructions having a boolean result, either in ST syntax (e.g. (i<= 100) AND b) or in any language desired (see 'Extras' 'Zoom Action/Transition'). But a transition may not contain programs, function blocks or assignments!

Your program can successfully run on CoDeSys v3.5 with some small changes. Read the document Comparison_CODESYS_V2_to_V3.PDF from the official website.