***** Flexy Remote Programming of a CodeSys Controller

martinAPD

Does anyone have any experience of using an ***** Flexy for remote programming/maintenance of a Codesys based controller?

Rather than using the native remote access functionality of our hardware our customer has opted to use an **** Flexy that they have configured themselves. They have created an eCatcher login profile for me and I can successfully connect to the ****. Once connected I can ping the IP Address of both our HMI and CodeSys controller, however I cannot login to the controller. I can view the HMI graphics using VNC.

Reading through one of the ***** Technical Support Documents, the advice enabling the “BroadcastForwarder” Parameter in the comcfg.txt file as well as enabling the “PLC Discovery”, which our customer has done.

We’re using CodeSys v3.5.10.5, and in the Comms Settings I'm using Gateway-1 which is currently configured to use "IP-Address: localhost" and "Port: 1217". Rather than scanning the network for devices, I enter the IP Address of the device, at which point Codesys returns a "No Device is responding..." message. One thing I considered, was if the IP-Address used for Gateway-1 should be "localhost" or the WAN/LAN IP of the ****, although I’ve tried this and still no connection.

Any suggestions / things to check would be greatly received.

Thanks
Martin

Attachments

• CodeSysCommsSettings.png
    CodeSysCommsSettings.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 6
There was a bug in the SP10 version of the gateway. If you install a later version of the editor, it should update the gateway. Just keep your project at SP10 to avoid library errors (or choose 'don't update' on opening).
You can't 'scan for devices' either, you'll need to enter the PLC's IP address

Thanks for the info @paraffin power I wasnt aware of an issue with the Gateway within SP10.

I actually have a couple of other versions of CodeSys installed (v3.5.13.30 and v3.5.17.0), however after opening my project and a completely new project in both of these versions, I'm still unable to get a connection to our controller via the e.w.o.n. We dont use the Scan for Devices, so always enter the IP Address of the Controller directly.

Are you aware of any specific settings in the e.w.o.n to check / change?

I use SP10 up to SP17. My gateway is at SP17, but I know it's ok at SP13 too.
I use a remote-access gateway (not E w o n, but similar) and it's fine. Does it e w o n block any ports?

I started using these things way way back and though I used to have to make these changes, I don't know if they are still needed. I do need the Forward to WAN, because the system sends out emails. The 'Nat and TF on WAN' used to make things work that didn't work with the standard e.w.o.n setting. Both of these values are in the com configuration, under storage. Might be worth a 'play'.
NatItf = 2 (Nat and TF on WAN)
FwrdToWAN = 1 (Forward LAN traffic to WAN)