Programming

I feel spoiled.

When I started i 1988, we had AB software, that could only be loaded 5 times and then the disc would "time out".

I got a "promotion" becuase I could make it work. I figured out that you had to do a "cd\ab" before you typed in the .exe command.

Then they got me a T-? programmer, which was really cool, or maybe it was a pain. I want to believe it was neat, but that was too long ago.

I visit plants where the program is on a napkin or paper towel, and entered with a hand held.

The "documentation" is stored in the panel, nothing anywhere else.

Ahhhhh, progress!

regards.....casey

Similar Topics

Hi, I am trying to set up a plc. I've never done any programming with ladder logic previously. I'm trying to set up a a program to turn a device...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I have fx2n plc on my hand but I don't have the programming cable sc-09 and it would not be easy for me to get one. I need the cable...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i am the new controls guy at the plant and i have inherited a pc from the previous controls guy with Siemens tia portal version 16 and 17...
Replies
Views
I need to pull the program off of an old 90-30 so I can convert it to Allen Bradley. This is my first time messing with GE and I don't have the...
Replies
Views
New to vfds. I put in parameters. IP, but I get ethernet flashing and link solid. What did I do wrong?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom