Prosoft MVI46-GSC ascii characters

jketterm

We have a MVI46-GSC Prosoft module and are going to use it to receive data from a Bizerba dynamic rail scale and transmit data to an Okidata serial printer using a SLC500. I have it set up to transmit data to the printer out Port 2. But, I am having trouble receiving data on Port 1 in the way I want it. We are using Hyperterminal for testing and we send a string symbol, an exclamation mark, 6 spaces, the weight, an l, and a b. It should look like this in the terminal window: $! 123lb

When I send that out the port, In ASCII I get:

\00^N in N12:0

$! in N12:1

12 in N12:5

3l in N12:6

b^M in N12:7

It is pairing up the characters. I need each character to be put in in a separate word: 1 2 3 l b so I can do the math to convert that back to decimal.

Thanks

Just a few quick suggestions. ASCII is Byte (8 bit) size. SLC uses Word (16 bit) size. You need to study about Masked Move and Swap instructions in order to move the ASCII characters to a Low or High Byte location, depending where you want it to go. Also, use the ASCII character for Space to fill if necessary. When using the Masked Move or Swap you will want to store the data in another Word temporarily while manipulating the data.

I hope this helps you get started.

Sid