Prosoft MVI46 GSC

gaamaya

Hi everyone,
I have setup a Prosoft MVI46 GSC, how do I get the word "scale" to a computer via ascii? The module is setup and communicating with a SLC503, now I need to communicate with a pc to send the message, has anyone had experience with this module??

Assuming your PC has some software to recognize ASCII String characters, you could use the SLC503 program to send the word SCALE as an ST (String) word type. The SLC 5/03 also has ASCII string manipulation commands

ASCII String (ST) Data File Type
You can address string lengths by adding a .LEN to any string address. Valid string data file numbers are 9-255. String lengths must be between 0 and 82. Lengths that are outside of this range cause the processor to set the ASCII Error bit (S:5/15) and the instruction is not executed. Rockwell Software 2000

ASCII Instructions
Use with processorsSLC 5/03 OS301, OS302SLC 5/04SLC 5/05
There are two types of ASCII instructions:
ASCII Port Control instructions use or alter the comms channel for receiving or transmitting data. These instructions are queued in the order that they are executed and are dependent on one another to execute (except ACL).
ABL Determines the number of characters in the buffer, up to and including the end-of-line characters (termination).
ACB Determines the total characters in the buffer.
ACL Clears the ASCII buffer.
AHL Sets or resets the RS-232 Data Terminal Ready and Request to Sender handshake control lines for the modem.
ARD Reads characters from the buffer and stores them in a string.
ARL Reads one line of characters from the buffer up to and including the end-of-line characters and stores them in a string.
AWA Writes a string with user-configured characters appended.
AWT Writes a string.
ASCII String Control instructions manipulate string data. These instructions execute immediately.
ACI Converts a string to an integer value.
ACN Links two strings into one.
AEX Extracts a portion of a string to create a new string.
AIC Converts an integer value to a string.
ASC Searches a string.
ASR Compares two strings.
Rockwell Software 2000

Prosoft provides example programs with every one of their modules. Have you tried using their sample code, or an adaptation of it ?

It's best to post your *.RSS file if you're looking for help debugging something. I have used all of Prosoft's platforms but am not going to reiterate the User Manuals.

I talked to Prosoft and basically I ended up adding one rung to their ladder, with a copy command of a ST string to their N14 file. The St string contained the word scale and was triggered by a one shot rising. The host computer read the scale command through hyperterminal. It ended up being quite easy none of this I could find in their manuals. One more thing, I learned the procesor had to be OS301 or higher to support ST files, so I ended up using a 5/04, I had a 5/03 but it was OS300

Eddie Willers said:
Prosoft provides example programs with every one of their modules. Have you tried using their sample code, or an adaptation of it ?

It's best to post your *.RSS file if you're looking for help debugging something. I have used all of Prosoft's platforms but am not going to reiterate the User Manuals.