Protool error

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have the following error on compiling the Protool and am struggling to fix it. Anyone familiar with this?

E3026 The format string for a process value in the Alarm_S message 1610612739 is invalid in language 'English (United States)'.

Many thanks

I have to assume this Protool application is integrated in a STEP 7 project.

If this is the case, close Protool and all applications except Simatic Manager.
Make sure your STEP 7 project with your problematic Protool application is open.
Go to File -> Save As... in Simatic Manager
Give a new name to your project, and check the checkbox "With reorganization (slow)
Click OK

Open the new project you just created, and see if the problem still exists.

Hi SigmaDelta
Your correct, it is integrated into the s7 project. I renamed it and recompiled, same result. i tried changing the protool language to English UK and this was the same error except it said English UK instead of English US
I dont need to show S7 messages ..rack/slot faults etc

Thanks

Hi
I read that article wasnt much use but it did point me in the direction of PDiag which I dont have.

In your experience would I need PDiag to look at this issue?

It also speaks about a menu PLC>Messages which doesnt appear in my Simatic Manager (I just get the offline version of the PLC messages dialog box)

Hi it is DB49 which is to do with the RSE feature

The message text is

Rack @6W%t#TC@, Slot @6W%t#TD@: @1W%t#ErrTextLib@ on channel @2W%1d@

One thing you could try is to regenerate the Report System Error from the hardware configuration again.

Highlight the CPU, go to Options -> Report System Error... and then click Generate.

Otherwise the problem is really only Protool related. Can you find in the Protool project something a category called "Project Texts"?