Protool (Step7) exported zip project ?

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone got protool ?

I have a Step7 project and hope fully the protool HMI project is in there havent got protool though and WinCC doesnt see anything. The S7 codes there, just need to be sure the protool stuffs there and i can get it into WinCC for upgrade to a TP.

PM me and ill email you the zip file if you can help

Dear Dave,
Do you have protool software or wincc flexible. you can import protool project in wincc flexible. wincc Scada did not see the protool project. you can also design your protool project in wincc. You can send me s7 project for conformation you have protool project in s7 Project.
Regards,

Try to look in the "TDOP" folder in the STEP7 project directory.
If there is one or more .pdb files, you can manually try to convert them with WinCC Flex.

Cheers Jesper, your a star

What cable do i need to connect to the OP7 HMI from my laptop ?

tdop.jpg

Not sure about the OP7 cable, but is the purpose of the excercise not to convert the OP7 to something newer ? WinCC Flex cannot support OP7 natively, apart from import and convert. So you will never get to downloading from WinCC Flex to OP7.

I am not even sure that WinCC Flex can import an OP7 nicely and convert in one go. Maybe the OP7 project has to be converted to an OP77B in Protool, and only then imported into WinCC Flex.

Jesper

yes, conversion was the intention, it now transpires the customer has a spare OP7 so we are looking at putting the program in there, swopping out the dodgy OP7 and then converting to a newer TP at leisure.

I can rewrite the code if it doesnt convert as thats not a real problem, will just take longer

So i now need a serial laptop to OP7 cable

Siemens want nearly £500 for this as its obsolete !

It looks to be a standard serial cable 9way to 15 way

Can anyone confirm the pinouts of the OP7 ? Prgoramming to the IF1A connector (15 pin)