protool - step7 integration

tny

hi all;
i created a project with an op with simatic manager, and i checked "file" -> "protool integration in step7" option.
but when i try to add tags in protool, and click "with symbol" option at instering tags tab, i can not see any symbols my projects symbol table. what is the reason?

tny said:
hi all;
i created a project with an op with simatic manager, and i checked "file" -> "protool integration in step7" option.
but when i try to add tags in protool, and click "with symbol" option at instering tags tab, i can not see any symbols my projects symbol table. what is the reason?

My experience has been that this sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. I never discovered why either. Even with two virtually identical projects. I also hope that an S7 expert here can help resolve this.

In Protool be sure that you have selected the CPU as the connection partner. Do not "define the parameters yourself".

In the project tree, place the cursor at the very root. Then select Edit ... Restore Symbols.

From the main screen and then use Edit->Restore symbols. If the symbols list cannot be found then:

Select the controller on the screen then press the object properties button. The PLC properties box appears, select parameters and then choose the communication peer/symbols list.

Repeat the first step.

(Duplicate post with Jesper)

JesperMP said:
In Protool be sure that you have selected the CPU as the connection partner. Do not "define the parameters yourself".

In the project tree, place the cursor at the very root. Then select Edit ... Restore Symbols.

Thanks Jesper. I remember doing the second step but not the first. I'll definetly give it a try on my next Protool project.

One small thing that has to be pointed out:
You have to go the whole way in and click on the CPU in the connection Properties, even if it allready looks OK.

As to why it happens:
I think that the connection to the symbol table can be lost if you rename the CPU or the project or something like that. Just a guess.

L D[AR2 said:
From the main screen and then use Edit->Restore symbols. If the symbols list cannot be found then:

Select the controller on the screen then press the object properties button. The PLC properties box appears, select parameters and then choose the communication peer/symbols list.

Repeat the first step.

(Duplicate post with Jesper)

it definitely works !! :)
thanks to all.