Proworks NXT

PLC GURU

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does Anyone know where I can get a copy of Proworks NXT whether it be through a vendor or a "friendly" exchange. I have a friend who needs it. She said it CANT be Proworks32 it has to be the NXT. I dont use those PLC's so I dont know much about them Im a AB,AD, Giddings guy. Thanks
Dan

Try your local Schnieder rep.

I doubt theyll have any new copies though as it is officially an unsupported product.
I'm intrigued as to why it HAS to be NxT as Nxt and 32 are pretty much interchangeable.

My understanding is that 32 had "issues". I don't have specifics because I never used 32. Also Nxt's price was increased, how affordable is 32?

The Proworx32 user interface is quite a bit different than NXT - and not for the better. 32 is a dog, its slow and sometimes seems to hang for several seconds, although it hasn't totally crashed on us. We have the latest version and many of the bugs of earlier versions have been fixed, but so far I'm not impressed with it. However, we had difficulties running NXT under XP SP2, though it seemed fine under XP before SP2. I have heard of people running NXT on a VM, although we didn't have much luck with that.

We also have FasTrack Sofwork's PLC Workshop 32 for Modicon. Its faster and easier to use than Proworx and I would be happy with it if it wasn't for the frequent blue screens (on two different computers).

Right now there simply is not a software package that I can recommend for Modicon 984LL.

Alaric said:
Right now there simply is not a software package that I can recommend for Modicon 984LL.

We've got all of 'em and have gone back to using Modsoft V2.62 on a Win98 partition for our infrequent 984LL modifications etc.

I use NxT running on a Virtual Machine (Win2k) as Alaric said,
and havnt had any problems.
Unfortunately I get to do most of our 984 work, which lately has been quite a bit.
I refuse to use Proworx 32 online but I do use it to reference programs and for printing duties etc and its has much better features in that area.

I HATE Modsoft!! Even though I know its nice and stable etc the whole no mouse thing drives me nuts.

I think Concept supports some 984 platforms but I havnt used it much as I went straight from Proworx to Unity Pro.

SLC_Integrator said:
I HATE Modsoft!! Even though I know its nice and stable etc the whole no mouse thing drives me nuts.

it's not so bad... after 15-20 years or so, the shortcut key combo's become second nature :ROFLMAO:

SLC_Integrator said:
Unfortunately I get to do most of our 984 work, which lately has been quite a bit.

Wow! I'm sorry to hear about that Steve. :ROFLMAO:

Our IT dept. forced us to drop NXT altogether, so we use Proworx32 online. But the program definitely has an attention deficit disorder, which can cause some anxiety at critical times (is an A.D.D. program a first step to AI?). Cletus is actualy getting pretty good with Proworx32, he knows his way around it much better than I do.