Proyect with a low budget

asteroide

Hello Friends

I need to develop a proyect with a small PLC, HMI, Barcode and Zebra Printer.

The budget is low, so I had thought in Mitsubishi:

FX3G-24MR/ES
GS2107-WTBD-N
FX3G-232-BD

I would connect the barcode to the HMI and the printer to FX3G-232-BD.

Is it a good option or exists another better/cheaper?

Thanks in advance.

Given both the Barcode and Zebra Printer are likely going to involve quite a bit of string handling, I wouldn't personally go with something like a Mitsubishi.

I'd look more into the S7-1200 range. You'd want to see how big the strings involved in your Zebra print formats are however. If you are dealing with strings larger than 255 characters then you will need to pass them around as data arrays in the Siemens TIA Portal world... if you're staying below that limit then I think an S7-1200 would be quite ideal.

When it comes to HMIs, then I'd go off brand.. but you could probably get away with just using the HTML interface (web server) for the S7-1200 if price is really that much of a factor.
https://support.industry.siemens.co...d-web-pages-on-s7-1200-s7-1500?dti=0&lc=en-WW

If you really needed a panel, then a cheap Android or similar tablet could be had for ~$100 which could be used for the web interface.

The 232 BD board is very good, easy to program especially if using simple ascii.
basically, you set it in the PLC Parameter i.e. Non-procedural, you can set start & end characters etc. if required, then it's pretty simple to send or recieve a set of registers in the code.
You need to read the manual, there are special "D" registers & M bits in the 8000 range that control the communications & the special function RS2 for the coms.

Hello

The barcode would be a 2D code, no more than 20 chars.

The scanner would be a serial barcode reader (RS232) connected to the HMI COM port.

Also I am looking for HMI Delta, but I don´t Know if is possible to connect a barcode reader to delta HMI.

Have you done before?

Thanks again.