pulses per ounce to frequency

hounddog

Have a flow meter that gives a maximum of 45 counts per ounce at a maximum of 4 gallons of minutes.
Could someone explain in a "For Dummies" type formula how you would take this and know the frequency that a counter input card would have to rated for this.
Thanks

45 pulses per ounce
128 ounces per gallon (US)
4 gallons per minute
60 seconds per minute

45 * 128 * 4 = 23040 pulses per minute
divided by 60 = 384 pulses per second.

Too fast for most standard input PLC counter instructions (scan time)
Fine for most 'high speed' counters.

Thanks Bernie
I was hoping you was on line.
I am in my car and trying to argue that fact to a engineer in Germany who is trying to design a system for some equipment in one of our plants and only using a 200hz counter card. Very difficult over the phone.

Thanks Bernie
I was hoping you was on line.
I am in my car and trying to argue that fact to a engineer in Germany who is trying to design a system for some equipment in one of our plants and only using a 200hz counter card. Very difficult over the phone.

Good luck... Germans and ones of German heritage have been known to be a bit stubborn...

We are right so much it just doesn't seem logical we could be wrong...LOL :D