PV 1000 Upload

Charlie B

I am trying to upload directly from several older PV1000 terminals using DF1. On some of the terminals one of the RS232 ports is labeled PRINTER/DOWNLOAD while the other is labeled simply RS232. Others are labeled RS232/DOWNLOAD with the other port labeled simply PRINTER. In either case I am unable to connect. In both cases the printer port is enabled (which I know is a no no) but the printer port will not toggle to disabled in the config screen. I'm sure this is something simple but I haven't had to do a direct Upload/Download to a PV in years. I have tried connecting with a newer computer using a USB/Serial adapter and with an older computer which has a serial port. Same result. I think it will go if I can figure how to disable the printer. No memory card is installed.

Your PV's support DH485 protocol. On DH485 PV's the printer port is fixed on printer only ( it cannot be changed).
The RS232 port used to comminicte with your PLC's can also be used to upload/download it's program. You will have to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver with a straight thru cable. You will need a real serial port on your PC to use this driver.
If no serial port then you will need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

Or a memory card to load/download the program to the PV's.