PanelView 1000 Panelbuilder32 Upload Program Issue

rzielke

Hi All,

I have an issue trying to upload a program from an existing Panelview 1000 terminal that I was hoping I might be able to get some help with. I am not a controls engineer and the one we had on staff moved on without leaving a lot of documentation, so I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.

Issue:
PV1000 is showing an error 60 blue screen that we cannot always recover from. We have purchased a replacement PV1000 to install into the machine but I am not sure that the most recent backup of the program on our network is the most current. I would really prefer to upload the program from the old PV1000 terminal to download onto the replacement PV1000 terminal. However, when I try to do this, I am not successful. I was able to find a compact flash card and adapter for use based on some reading I did on this forum, and I can download a program to the new terminal with it, but any time I try to upload the program from the old terminal to the memory card it immediately goes into the blue error 60 screen. So, I am trying to upload the program using the RS232 port and panelbuilder32 but I cannot get the computer to communicate with the PV1000. It always fails at "Identifying operator terminal". I am not sure what else to do from here, I'm sure I'm missing something in the driver/comms setup. I have made sure that the USB/Serial cable is in COM1, I have tried different baud rates without success, and I have also tried the auto-configure option when trying to configure an RS232 DF1 device, but that always fails. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Below is the hardware/software information of the old PV1000 terminal I am trying to upload the program from.

Panelview 1000 Part # 2711-T10C8 (with printer port disabled)
Firmware: V04.20
Serial Cable: Belkin F2N209-15-T
USB-Serial Converter: Tripp-Lite Keyspan with mini null modem mini adapter
Panelbuilder32 Version 3.83.00
RSLinx Version 2.57.00

Thanks!

USB-Serial Converter: Tripp-Lite Keyspan with mini null modem mini adapter

The Keyspan should work, but you need a straight thru cable for PanelView upload/download with it's RS232 port.

Edit: Engineerj22 types faster then I do.

Error 60: Does not sound good, not sure what the solution is. Maybe the AB gurus will check in.

Test Number Indicates
40 No executable code to run after boot
50 Wrong memory card format
60 CPU could not execute code

No, it's like a panelview 1000 ethernet I replaced, it would take about 5 power cycles to get it running again, the customer opted for a new panelview instead of trying to ebay another 1000. I got it running long enough to upload the program then he gave it to me once the new one was in and running.

No, it's like a panelview 1000 ethernet I replaced, it would take about 5 power cycles to get it running again, the customer opted for a new panelview instead of trying to ebay another 1000. I got it running long enough to upload the program then he gave it to me once the new one was in and running.

Yep, similar here except now it takes 10+ times to power back up after the error. You all are correct on the cable, swapped that to a straight thru and now the auto configure worked, but I am still getting the Error 60 screen as soon as I attempt to upload the program from the device. For whatever reason the task of uploading the program from the device via the memory card or the RS232 immediately sends the terminal into the blue screen.

Any ideas on another way to get the program off of the device?

Thanks again!

I'm at the end of my knowledge, It might be time to power it up again and see if there was any changes on the PV compared to the copy on the server.

what you are stating is not good.
may i suggest that you remove power from the unit and blow it out with compressed air. there may be trash in the unit causing the issue.
if that didn't work, remove the back cover and spray the motherboard with a good brand of electronic parts spray (we uses crc brand). note, electronic cleaner may not like some plastics, we been lucky so far. the option below may be your best bet.

it may very well be that the motherboard has went on vacation.
you may contact ab for an emergency repair and have them try to retrieve the program and put it back in the replacement unit.
james