PV1400 terminal error

Aslam try changing data type into signed integer may be that is the probelm. That is why it is not showing the values. F8 values are in minus and panelview is set to un-signed integer. So try changing it in panelview in edit tag after the tag name.

Please be specific about which objects on which pages are not working the way you expect. Your original question was about a specific tag which is not in the current project.

Also: go to each Screen and change the Grid value to something like 10x10 instead of 1x1. This 1x1 "grid" is why each screen appears to be a blinding red color and re-paints slowly in PanelBuilder32.

I noticed one tag called LT-102_DISPLAY that is addressed to "F8:9", which is not part of any of the block transfer addresses. There is another bit called "fake_bit" addressed to a PLC name of "any_plc", which doesn't exist in the Communications configuration (and would not be valid for a RIO system anyhow). Neither of these appear to cause a validation error, but neither of them is a valid tag.

Again, please be clear and specific about what objects on what screen do not work, and exactly what you see onscreen. I do not have an SLC, 1747-SN/B, and PanelView 1400 that I can just set up to duplicate your system.

Thanks ken

GROUND STORAGE TANK LEVEL LT-300
GROUND STORAGE TANK LEVEL LT-400
GROUND STORAGE TANK INLET FLOW FT-200

These is the taq which is not working. "any plc" and F8:9 was there already

Thank you for the additional information.

Those transmitter names are three of the ten numeric displays on Screen 4, "Analogs".

The tags and data table addresses associated with those displays are:

LT-300 is "NL03", which is addressed N7:50
LT-400 is "NL04", which is addressed N7:51
FT-200 is "NFT02", which is adressed N7:52

When I look for those N7:50-52 addresses in your PLC program, I find that they are not being sent via Block Transfer to the PanelView. Therefore *none* of the indicators using tags addressed to that address block N7:50 -59 will work.

I think the main problem is your understanding of the basic network functions of RIO and Block Transfer: they do not work like DH+ or Ethernet do.

When you use RIO, the SLC-500 style "N7:xx" addresses you enter into PanelBuilder are merely for reference purposes. The PanelView does not automatically request these data file elements from the SLC controller over RIO.

In fact, the Block Transfers can only be distinguished by their type (read or write) and their size. The "N7:xx" addresses listed next to the Block Transfers are for your reference, and you have to manually write logic in the connected PLC controller to send that data to and from the PanelView.

In Ladder file LAD8, there is some logic that performs COP instructions to and from the M0 and M1 files of the 1747-SN/B module. This is the very old-fashioned way to do Block Transfers in the SLC-500. Your particular SLC-5/03 is old enough that it does not support the much-easier-to-use BTR and BTW instructions.

I don't have time tonight to sort through this un-documented program and document the archaic block transfer logic. I'll see if I can get to it tomorrow.

Ken, thanks brother

I Have not used RIO yet. I am not aware about it.Please help me

There is some more tags which is not working (all new TAGS starting with "N")

I hope this also we have to consider.

Please find the in
1.Pump set up-4 "LAG BOOSTER PUMP PRESSURE LOW POINT (F12)"
"LAG BOOSTER PUMP PRESSURE HIGH POINT (F13)"

2.Pump status :"GST3-MOV"
"GST4-MOV"

3.Annuncitor :GST-3 HIGH HIGH
GST-4 LOW LOW
GST-3 HIGH HIGH
GST-4 LOW LOW
GST-3 MOV FAILED TO OPEN/CLOSE
GST-4 MOV FAILED TO OPEN/CLOSE

Thank you for the additional information.

The best way to learn about how RIO works with your SLC-5/03 controller and the 1747-SN Series B module is to read the 1747-SN Series B module user manual, available from Rockwell Automation's Literature website.

When you post questions and information, please try to think about what the person reading your post will need to do to make use of them. You know the location of each item, but I have to go search for them and their addresses.

On Screen 8, "Process Setpoint-1",

"LAG BOOSTER PUMP PRESSURE LOW POINT (F12)" uses Tag NBPPSPL, addressed to N7:140
"LAG BOOSTER PUMP PRESSURE HIGH POINT (F13)" uses Tag NBPPSPH, addressed to N7:141

On Screen 7, "Pump Status",

"GST3-MOV" uses Tag NM03C, addressed to N7:53
"GST4-MOV" uses Tag NM04C, addressed to N7:55

On Screen 2, "Annunciator",

"GST-3 HIGH HIGH" uses Tag NHH03, addressed to N7:131
"GST-3 LOW LOW" uses Tag NLL03, addressed to N7:132
"GST-4 HIGH HIGH" uses Tag NHH04, addressed to N7:133
"GST-4 LOW LOW" uses Tag NLL04, addressed to N7:134
"GST-3 MOV FAILED TO OPEN/CLOSE" uses Tag NM03F, addressed to N7:138
"GST-4 MOV FAILED TO OPEN/CLOSE" uses Tag NM04F, addressed to N7:139

Based on my recollection of your earlier posts, you are trying to add additional objects and tags to the PanelBuilder32 application and therefore have chosen sections of the N7 data table to attempt to add to the communications configuration.

These added sections are the last two: the Block Transfer Writes from N7:50 (length 10) and from N7:131 (length 9) to the PanelView terminal.

Because block transfers require additional logic, which is tricky in the SLC-5/0x firmware you have, and to save speed, I'm going to suggest that you change your approach.

Instead of adding additional blocks, you should re-address the PanelBuilder tags and the SLC-500 logic that works with them.

Block Transfers can be up to 64 words in length. Right now you have three BTW's totaling just 56 words, and two BTR's totaling just 13 words.

WTP_BTx.png

To modify the Block Transfer logic, delete all but the first two Block Transfers and change their lengths to accommodate larger blocks (see screenshot).

In RSLogix 500, change the associated relay ladder instructions:

In LAD8, Rung 8, change the [MOV 37 B3:131] from a value of 37 to a value of 60.
In LAD8, Rung 5, change the [COP #N7:10 M0:1.110 37] from a length value of 37 to a length value of 60.
In LAD8, Rung 7, change the [MOV 11 B11:41] from a value of 11 to a value of 24.
In LAD8, Rung 10, change the [COP #M1:1.210 N7:76 11] from a length value of 11 to a length value of 24.

Now go through and re-address both your PanelView Tags and the related ladder logic in the SLC-5/03 to use data that is in those expanded data table ranges.

WTP_BTx2.png

Dear Ken

In your reply, Please check
(In LAD8, Rung 8, change the [MOV 37 B3:131] from a value of 37 to a value of 60.)

LAD 8 RUNG 8 is COPY Instruction not MOV

Thank you for your careful attention to detail: it was late at night.

That first line has two errors. It should read instead:

In LAD8, Rung 0, change the [MOV 37 B3:101] from a value of 37 to a value of 60.

The rest of the changes appear correct to me. But it's late at night here again !