PV300 DF1 to PV550 with RS232 and RIO

ema

Hi,

I am trying to download a program onto the a PV550. The program was initially written for a PV300 with DF1 communications. The PV550 has RS232 and RIO. What do I need to change in order for the program to be uploaded. I keep getting an error that says that it is not compatible.

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to download a program onto the a PV550. The program was initially written for a PV300 with DF1 communications. The PV550 has RS232 and RIO. What do I need to change in order for the program to be uploaded. I keep getting an error that says that it is not compatible.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum!

The golden rule when dealing with PanelViews is to quote the complete model number when asking questions. There are just too many of them.

Please give us the complete model number for PV300 and PV550.

If possible, post your edited PV550 PB32 File so we can look at it. (Zip if first)

Stu....

I think you've identified the basic issue already; while the PanelView 550 does have an RS-232 port, that port can be used for ASCII printing or for upload/download.

The RS-232 port on the PanelView 550 can't be used for runtime communications.

You would have to do significant revision to the project to get it to run on the PanelView 550, not to mention the changes you'd have to do to whatever controller you have in order to implement a RIO scanner.

The simplest thing to do is get another PanelView 300 terminal, or a PanelView 550 with a DF1 serial port (2711-K5A16, 2711-T5A16L1, or 2711-B5A16).

Thanks for the Response.

I will get the proper PV550. That will be the simplest fix.

Thanks!