QJ71MT91 - mapping device and buffer memory

dfh

Hi,

I'm new here and like most new members, banging my head against a wall for hours/days now. I'm working on a system which has been installed by someone else and working fine. I'm making some mods to the system, adding in some Modbus write commands on a Mitsubishi QJ71MT91 Modbus/TCP interface module that has already been setup to read some Modbus data.

I'm using GX Works 2 for the PLC programming and Intelligent Function Module (QJ71MT91) configuration. So I'm new to both the hardware and software.

I've trawled through any manuals I can find which are for older software configuration utilities, e.g. GX-Configurator-MB. I must say, the GX-Configurator setup software looks simple, very straight forward and makes sense.

Anyhow, I can make sense of most of it, but what I can't find on GX Works 2 is, where or how I map the CPU device registers to the buffer memory of the QJ71MT91 for reading and writing!

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

dfh

Last edited:
Have you looked on the mitsubish automation website, there should be the latest manuals there, I've not used that card but have used the ASI, Ethernet Analog etc. you can use to & from instructions to the card to the buffer memories, however the configurator makes it a lot easier.
use this link:
https://my.mitsubishi-automation.co...&slang=2&sstr=Q+-1S+-AnS+-FR-+-Aj7+-Freq+-SW0
Just looked at the manual and it seems comprehensive with some sample programs

Hey Parky,

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

I did get it working since. It's a bit embarrassing actually it was so easy in the end. I checked all menus and opened all windows searching for it, apart from the Auto Refresh icon, which had a different icon to the rest of the options on the card's drop down list. And for some reason I didn't think it was a link to anything and overlooked it for so long. So as soon as I opened it I knew straight away I had it.

Very frustrating and I could have kicked myself. Just one of those times. So yes, to map device memory to the buffer memory, just double click on Auto Refresh within the drop down list of the QJ71MT91. It's very straight forward after that.

Thanks again Parky.