Quantum 434 Programming

durks

I have an example program written in Taylor for a 984.

I have both Taylor proworks plus v1.51 and modsoft 2.6. Neither of these has the Quantum 434 PLC listed.

Does the Quantum 434 require the newer software? what are my options?

The Taylor v1.51 software is probably not capable of supporting the Quantum 434. I thought that the Modsoft v2.6 did support it.

Both of your software packages are DOS based so they worked okay upto WIN95. The Taylor license for Modicon 984LL was purchased by Schneider Electric (the guys that also bought Modicon), and all of their Windows based products support the 434.

Maybe it is time for you to purchase software for the 21st century.

21st century software is sooo overated.

It turns out that for some reason even though I was executing the 2.6 modsoft for some reason it was bringing up the 2.01 version that was on the same laptop. Renaming the other modsoft directory allowed the v2.6 to start up which does indeed support the 434.

Lots of automotive still require you using this ancient software... so if you can get them to upgrade i'd love to follow suit.

Hi Durks,
Please check out FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc. 32 Bit Windows application for Modicon programming. It supports all of the PLCs back and including the 584s. We also support all of the documentation from existing files in Proworx or Modsoft. I'd be happy to supply you with a brochure on our software and a demo CD for your reference. We deal with several of the Automakers, and parts makers, and maybe of some help. Fell free to contact me for more info or to discuss.
[email protected]
www.fast-soft.com